By Aart Jan van der Lely, Albert Beckers, Adrian Daly, Steven W. Lamberts, David R. Clemmons
This publication studies the pathophysiology and actual manifestations of acromegaly and discusses the a number of cures now on hand for the administration of the sufferer with acromegaly. The booklet comprises an considerable variety of illustrations that support to stress issues of specific curiosity, together with radiological, histopathological, and actual prognosis pictures. Sections are dedicated to detailing vital issues together with determinants of pathological results of disorder task in acromegaly, person healing offerings and standards for prognosis, and affliction regulate.
Read Online or Download Acromegaly: Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment PDF
Similar endocrinology & metabolism books
Content material: bankruptcy 1 Chairman's starting feedback (pages 1–2): R. W. E. WattsChapter 2 Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism: Pathways, Pitfalls and Perturbations (pages 3–21): J. Frank Henderson, Jeffrey ok. Lowe and Jerzy BarankiewiczChapter three Microbial versions and Regulatory parts within the regulate of Purine Metabolism (pages 23–41): Josepha S.
This quantity provides the evolution of the authors' principles approximately estrogen motion and its modulation by means of a brand new workforce of gear referred to as SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators). The pioneering SERMs -- tamoxifen and raloxifene -- are identified to have stored the lives of thousands of ladies world wide and stronger the future health of hundreds of thousands extra.
Endocrinology of the center in health and wellbeing and illness: built-in, mobile, and Molecular Endocrinology of the guts covers the conventional suggestions of cardio-endocrinology, the position of a few of the hormone structures, either in well-being and ailment, healing implications, and different fresh advances within the a number of fields represented.
This booklet unravels the position of Point-of-Care (POC) glucose tracking as an important a part of diabetes administration. It offers the reader with an in-depth wisdom and knowing of diabetes administration, together with: the necessity for POC glucose tracking the glucose detection applied sciences (invasive, noninvasive and non-stop) getting used within the POC units the analytical functionality, features, execs and cons of the POC units built thus far the significance and function of glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) tracking for diabetes administration a number of the POC units and analyzers for the choice of HbA1c.
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Second Edition
- Musculoskeletal Disease Associated with Diabetes Mellitus
- Epidemiology of Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease (Contemporary Cardiology)
- Quantitative Neuroendocrinology
- Molecular Nutrition and Genomics: Nutrition and the Ascent of Humankind
Extra info for Acromegaly: Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment
29. Bondy CA, Cheng CM. Signaling by insulin-like growth factor 1 in brain. Eur J Pharmacol 2004; 19:490(1–3):25–31. 30. Delafontaine P, Song YH, Li Y. Expression, regulation, and function of IGF1, IGF-1R, and IGF-1 binding proteins in blood vessels. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2004; 24(3):435–444. 31. Fowden AL. The insulin-like growth factors and feto-placental growth. Placenta 2003; 24(8–9):803–812. 32. Firth SM, Baxter RC. Cellular actions of the insulin-like growth factor binding proteins.
20. Caton R, Paul FT. Notes of a case of acromegaly treated by operation. Br Med J 1893; 2:1421–1423. 21. Couldwell WT. Transsphenoidal and transcranial surgery for pituitary adenomas. J Neuro-Oncol 2004; 69:237–256. 22. Schloffer H. Erfolgreiche Operation eines Hypophysentumors auf nasalem Wege. Wien Klin Wochenschr 1907; 20:621–624. 23. Artico M, Pastore FS, Fraioli B, Giuffre´ R. The contributions of Davide Giordano (1864–1954) to pituitary surgery: the transglabellar–nasal approach. Neurosurgery 1998; 42:909–912.
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 2002; 15(9): 1479–1486. 21. Janssen JA, Lamberts SW. IGF-I and longevity. Horm Res 2004; 62(suppl 3): 104–109. 22. Kaplan RC, Strickler HD, Rohan TE, Muzumdar R, Brown DL. Insulin-like growth factors and coronary heart disease. Cardiol Rev 2005; 13(1):35–39. 23. Russell SM, Spencer EM. Local injections of human or rat growth hormone or of purified human somatomedin-C stimulate unilateral tibial epiphyseal growth in hypophysectomized rats. Endocrinology 1985; 116(6):2563–2567.
Acromegaly: Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment by Aart Jan van der Lely, Albert Beckers, Adrian Daly, Steven W. Lamberts, David R. Clemmons